- Ph.D in Organizational Management, School of Business & Technology, Capella University, Minneapolis, MN, 2007
- Certified Sport Administrator, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C., 2005
- M.B.A (Marketing), Columbia Southern University, Orange Beach, AL, 2004
- Certificate: in Zenger Miller Frontline Leadership, Mercer County Community College, Trenton, New Jersey, 1996
- B.S in Business Administration (Marketing/Finance), Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ 1993
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, 1976 1977
Rutledge, W. L. (2007). The amateur sports leadership challenge: A study of who leads amateur sports in America today and how well they practice exemplary leadership. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Capella University, Minneapolis, MN.
Rutledge, W. L. (2004). A how to guide to successful event management for local associations. Lake Buena vista, FL: Amateur Athletic Union.
Rutledge, W. L. (2003). A how to guide to successful publicity & media relations for local associations. Lake Buena Vista, FL: Amateur Athletic Union.
Rutledge, W. L. (1999). A how to guide to successful fund raising for local associations. Bowie, MD: National Amateur Baseball Federation.
Rutledge, W. L. (1998). A how to guide to successful fund raising for local clubs. Colorado Springs, CO: US Fencing Association.
Participant Focus on Sports Events Today: Overcoming Economic Woes, Growing the Event, Growing the Sport, and the Participant Experience, presented at S.P.O.R.T.S. Institute, West Palm Beach, FL 2008
The Case for National Standards in Volunteer Background Screening in Youth-Serving Organizations, presented at National Association of Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) National Coaching Educators' Conference, Indianapolis, IN 2006
Cutting Through The Clutter: Successfully Marketing Youth Sports Events in a Crowded Marketplace, presented at National Amateur Baseball Federation Conference, Bowie, MD 2002
Enhancing Revenue Sharing between WIBC & Host, presented at Host Organizing Committee General Session for Women’s International Bowling Congress National Tournament, Fort Lauderdale, FL 2000
Expanding Your Brand & Generating More Revenue at National Events, presented at Women’s International Bowling Congress (WIBC) annual Convention, Milwaukee, WI 2000
Successfully Marketing a Minor Olympic Sport (Curling) in the US, presented at the World Curling Championships, Prince Edwards Island, Canada 1999
Successful Marketing & Fund Raising for Club Teams, presented at Africa Baseball Confederation Annual Meeting, Zimbabwe 1996
Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Innovative management, Sports Management (specifically women in sports and leadership)
- Behav Issues & Ethics Mgmt
- Business Policy
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- International Management
- Management Info Systems
- Market Communications
- Marketing Research
- Org Theory & Practice
- Strategic Human Resources Mgmt