- Graduate Certificate, Health Information Technology Executive Program, University of Colorado at Denver College of Nursing, 2013
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Nursing Education, Excelsior College, 2012
- Health Information Technology Scholar (HITS), National League for Nursing, 2011-12.
- Fellowship, Institute for Nurse Educator Development, Rutgers College of Nursing and University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Nursing, 2010
- D.N.P, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Nursing, 2009
- M.S.N, Health Systems Administration, Seton Hall University College of Nursing, 2004
- B.S, Health Care Management, Saint Francis College, 1987
- A.A.S, Nursing, Long Island College Hospital School of Nursing, 1977
- American Nurses’ Association – Member
- American Red Cross Member, Former First Vice-Chair, Board Member and Disaster Chairperson, Westfield-Mountainside Chapter, Former Disaster Health Services Chairperson, Brooklyn Chapter.
- National League for Nursing – Member
- New Jersey State Nurses Association – Member
- Rockaway Township Fire Department Member, Former Rescue Captain and Township Rescue Coordinator
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing, Gamma Nu Chapter – Member and Former Vice President. Kappa Eta Chapter – Member and Former Faculty Counselor
- American Red Cross Award of Merit, the highest honor given by the Red Cross for the saving of a human life, 1980
- Inducted as Nurse Leader, Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing, Gamma Nu Chapter, 2004
O’Neill, K. J. (2013). Using technology to promote high impact & engaged/interactive learning. Rutgers Post-Masters Nursing Education Certificate Program. Newark, NJ. July 2013.
O’Neill, K. J. (2011). A survey of BSN graduates use of mobile technology in nursing practice. The Sixth National League for Nursing Technology Conference. Durham, NC. November 2011.
O’Neill, K. J. (2010). Everyday ethics in nursing practice. An 7 hour presentation (with CEUs) on ethics for the nursing staff at Jersey City Medical Center. Jersey City, NJ. November 2010.
O’Neill, K. J. (2010). Expanded technology utilization in nursing education: The iNurse initiative. New Jersey Higher Education Network. Plainsboro, NJ. November 2010.
O’Neill, K. J. (2010). Implementation of expanded technology use in an accelerated baccalaureate nursing program: The iNurse initiative. The Fifth National League for Nursing Technology Conference. Indianapolis, IN. October 2010.
O’Neill, K. J. (2010). Implementation of expanded technology utilization in an urban accelerated Baccalaureate Nursing Program: The iNurse initiative. The Emerging Technologies in Nurse Education Conference. Boston, MA. July 2010.
O’Neill. (2010). Full STEAM ahead in healthcare. NJCU Science, Technology, Engineering, Agriculture and Mathematics Program. Jersey City, NJ. April 2010.
Morrison, M. L. & O’Neill, K. J. (2009). Smart senior living strategic business plan. University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Doctoral Capstone Presentation. Newark, NJ. September 2009.
O’Neill, K. J. (2013). Using interactive digital texts in interdisciplinary provider education. 31st Annual Rutgers Interprofessional International Technology Conference. Atlantic City, NJ. June 2013.
O’Neill, K. J. (2013). Creation of an interactive digital book: Post-conference workshop. 31st Annual Rutgers Interprofessional International Technology Conference. Atlantic City, NJ. June 2013.
O’Neill, K. J. (2012). Using technology to improve healthcare quality and outcomes. Rutgers 30th International Technology Conference. New Brunswick, NJ. June 2012.
O’Neill, K. J. (2011). Expanded technology use in an accelerated baccalaureate nursing program: The iNurse initiative. Rutgers 29th International Technology Conference. Cambridge, MA. June 2011.
- Certified Nurse Educator, National League for Nursing
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CPHIMS), Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society
- Nurse Executive, Advanced-Board Certified, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Registered Professional Nurse, State of New Jersey
Gerontological Nursing, Technology in Nursing Education and Practice, Nursing Informatics, Nursing Administration
- Concpts in Geron. Nurs. Prac
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Health Assessment
- Health Care Organizations
- HealthCare Law and Ethics
- Leadership Issues
- Leadership:Nurs Leader/Manager
- Nursing Information & Tech