- Ph.D. The Graduate School and University Center of New York, Social-Personality Psychology
- Hunter College of The City University of New York, Special Honors Curriculum/Psychology
- Member of The American Psychological Association
- Member of The American Psychological Association Division 2: Society for the Teaching of Psychology
- Member of The Eastern Psychological Association
Dow-Nelson, P. & Bailey, J.W. (Fall, 2003). Coping with Chronic Illness. Newsline, p.2.
Bailey, J.W. (1991). Evaluation of a Task Partner Who Does or Does Not Have a Physical Disability: Amplification or Sympathy Effect? Rehabilitation Psychology, 36, 99-110.
Hass, R.G., Katz, I., Rizzo, N., Bailey, J. & Moore, L. (1992). When Racial Ambivalence Evokes Negative Affect, Using a Disguised Measure of Mood. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 18, 786-797.
Hass, R.G., Katz, I., Rizzo, N. Bailey, J. & Eisenstadt, D. (1991). Cross Racial Appraisal as Related to Attitude Ambivalence and Cognitive Complexity. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 17, 83-92.
- First Connections Volunteer Award, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, 2006, 2007
- NJCU Teaching Award, 1989
- National Society of Leadership and Success: Excellence in Teaching Award, 2012
Social Cognition, The Psychology of Prejudice, Multicultural Counseling, Coping with Chronic Illness.
- Adv General Psych
- Advanced Social Psych
- Applied Social Psychology
- Contemporary Issues in Psyc
- Multicultural Counseling
- Personality Theory
- Psychology Of Personality
- Social Psychology