- Ph.D. – Geology, Boston University, 1992
- M.A. – Geology, Boston University, 1988
- B.S. – Geology, Tufts University, 1984
- Assistant/Associate Professor, University of St. Thomas, Houston, TX 7/1996-8/1999
- Associate Professor, Berry College, Mount Berry, GA, 2/2002-8/2005
- Associate Professor, New Jersey City University, Jersey City, NJ, 9/2005-present
- Director, Environmental Laboratory, Texas Regional Institute for Environmental Studies, Sam Houston State University, Huntsville,TX
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA9/1992-12/1994
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- Geological Association of New Jersey
- Geological Society of America (GSA)
- Sigma Xi
- Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM)
Freile, Deborah DeVore, Melanie L., Boyle, Matthew and Maitner, R., 2011, Revisiting carbonate productivity rates of Halimeda in Graham’s Harbour, San Salvador, Bahamas. In Proceedings of the 15th Symposium on the Geology of the Bahamas and Other Carbonate Region, p. 60-68.
Freile, Deborah, Editor, 2009, New Jersey Coastal Plain Stratigraphy and Coastal Processes, Geological Association of New Jersey XXVI Annual Conference and Field Trip, Richard Stockton College, Pomona, NJ, 85pp
Freile, Deborah and Rosiello, Angela, 2008, A spatial analysis of lead concentrations in the soils of parks in Jersey City, NJ, In: Environmental and Engineering Geology of Northeastern New Jersey, Matthew Gorring, Ed., Geological Association of New Jersey XXV Annual Conference and Field Trip, Montclair University, Montclair, NJ, p.65-77.
Freile, Deborah, Faulkner, Christopher and Edge, Justin, 2006, An analysis of the muds of Moon Rock Pond, San Salvador Island, Carbonate Regions. Bahamas: Organic or Inorganic? Proceedings of the 12th Symposium on the Geology of the Bahamas and Other Carbonate Regions, p. 45-51.
Freile, Deborah, DeVore, Melanie L., and Lowe, Brian, 2005, Comparison of calcareous green algae community structure and carbonate production of Graham’s Harbour, Rice Bay and Snow Bay: San Salvador Island, Bahamas. Proceedings of the 10th Symposium on the Natural History of the Bahamas, p. 37-47
Freile, Deborah, 2004, Carbonate productivity rates of Halimeda in two different locations, San Salvador, Bahamas. Proceedings of the11th Symposium on the Geology of the Bahamas and Other Carbonate Regions, p.95-106.
Freile, Deborah, DeVore, Melanie and Parmley, Dennis, 2001, The first report of Carcharocles auriculatus from the Oligocene of Georgia in the context of previous Gulf Coast records. Georgia Journal of Science, v. 59, n. 3, p. 128-136.
Freile, Deborah and Kelly H. Fuks, 2001, What modern rhodoliths allow us to say about past environments: modern Caribbean patch reef rhodoliths as analogues to Oligocene rhodoliths of the Suwanee Straits. Proceedings of the 10th Symposium on the Geology of the Bahamas and Other Carbonate Regions, p. 93-108.
Freile, D. and Milliman, J.D., 1999, Sedimentary facies of western Great Bahama Bank: bank-edge margin to slope transition. Proceedings of the 9th Symposium on the Geology of the Bahamas and other Carbonate Regions, p. 36-57.
Freile, D. and Hillis, L., 1997, Carbonate productivity by Halimeda incrassata in a land proximal lagoon, Pico Feo, San Blas, Panama. Proceedings of the 8th International Coral Reef Symposium. 1:767-772.
Freile, D., Milliman, J.D. and Hillis, L., 1995, Bank-edge Halimeda meadow, western Great Bahama Bank, and its sedimentary importance. Coral Reefs, vol. 14, no. 1, p.27-33.
Freile, Deborah, and DeVore, Melanie L.,2012, Where did all the Halimeda go?; The absence of thick Halimeda packstones in the Bahamian fossil record. Geological Society of America, Charlotte, NC (Nov. 4th)
Freile, Deborah and Duzgoren-Aydin, Nurdan S., 2012 Integrative community based research between faculty, graduate, undergraduate, and high school students: the case of heavy metals in urban soils Jersey City, NJ. Geological Society of America Charlotte, NC Nov. 4th
Freile, Deborah, DeVore, Melanie L., and Boyle, Matthew, 2010, Revisiting carbonate productivity rates of Halimeda in Graham's Harbour, San Salvador, Bahamas: Does a 9 year hiatus in sampling show a response to increased atmospheric CO2 levels? Geol. Soc. Baltimore, MD March 14th
Freile, Deborah & Melanie DeVore, 2013, Overlooking the obvious: Conservation of the ecosystem engineers. Bahamas National Natural History Conference (March 5th – 8th, 2013)
Freile, Deborah , Melanie L. DeVore, and Mandy Edgecombe, 2012, Mix genera shallow water rhodoliths from Roatan, Honduras, 16th Symposium on the Geology of the Bahamas and other Carbonate Regions, June 14-18 2012, San Salvador, Bahamas
Freile, Deborah, DeVore, Melanie L., Boyle, Matthew and Maitner, Rob, 2010, Revisiting carbonate productivity rates of Halimeda in Graham’s Harbour, San Salvador, Bahamas, 15th Symposium on the Geology of the Bahamas and other Carbonate Regions, San Salvador, Bahamas
- National Wetland Inventory Classification Certificate: National Biological Survey, 1995
- OSHA 40 Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Certificate: Baxter and Reilley,
- PADI certified Open Water Diver (#8911211433) and Completed Scientific Diving Program at the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (Panama 1993)
- Registered Environmental Manager (REM 8344): National Registry of Environmental Professionals, 1996
- The Grant Institute Certificate in Professional Grant Writing: Illustrate grant writing as an integrated, multidimensional, and dynamic endeavor. (July 2007)
Spatial distribution of heavy metal concentration specially lead (Pb) in Jersey City soils Modern marine carbonate environments with special emphasis on sedimentation controls, dispersal patterns and global carbonate budgets particularly as it relates to calcareous algae Alteration, recrystallization and chemistry of carbonate particles in marine environments The spatial and temporal distribution of heavy metal concentration in marsh sediments of the Georgia Coast Hurricane events on the New Jersey and New York coast as observed through storm events recorded in sediment cores from back barrier environments Sedimentology, trace fossil assemblages, paleoecology and REE signature in volcanoclastic sediments in ancient siliciclastic marginal marine sequences (Oligocene of Texas) Sedimentology, petrology and taphonomy of plant fossils in riverine/lacustrain rocks of the Late Paleocene Almont and Beicegel Creek floras from North Dakota
- Coastal Zone:Prob&Solutions
- Earth Surface Processes
- Environmental Geology
- Field Stud in Geos: Bahamas
- Geology Of New Jersey
- Geology of National Parks
- Historical Geology
- Intro To Geology
- Intro To Oceanography
- Intro to Meteorology
- Prin Of Earth Science
- Prin of Environmental Science