- Ed.D in Higher Education – Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ
- M.A Nursing – New York University, New York, NY
- B.S Nursing – Wagner College, Staten Island, NY
- August 1998 October 2003 Staff Development Instructor Community Medical Center
- December 1993 March 1995 Per Diem RN Kimball Medical Center
- Jan. 2004 – Sept.2005 Clinical Educator Deborah Heart&Lung Cntr.
- March 1987- October 1993 Psychiatric Nurse Clinican Maimonides Community Mental Health Center
- May 1981 November 1983 Staff RN Senior Staff RN Maimonides Medical Center
- May 2009 – Aug 2013 Adjunct Faculty New Jersey City University
- November 1983 1987 Staff R.N. Psychiatric Unit Maimonides Community Health Center
- Sept. 1997 present Adjunct Faculty Ocean County College
- Sept. 2013 – present Associate Professor New Jersey City University
- 1999 -2010 New Jersey State Nurses Association Review Team III Member for Continuing Education
- 2009-2011 Sigma Theta Tau Gamma Nu Chapter Leadership and Succession Chair
- 2010- present Chair New Jersey State Nurses Association Review Team III Member for Continuing Education
- 2011 CNL Item Writer
- 2011-2013 Sigma Theta Tau Gamma Nu Chapter Governance Chair
- 2011-present Manuscript Reviewer Nurse Education in Practice
- 2012 PEPID Nursing Editorial Board Member
- 2012-present American Nurses Association ANCC Accreditation Appraiser
- 2013 Textbook Review: Fortinash, K & Worret, P. (2012) Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing. 5th edition. St. Louis: CV Mosby.
- 2014 Reviewer for the American Association of Colleges of Nursing for the Khan Academy NCLEX-RN Competition.
Blozen, B. (in press) The Answer is Questions: Accelerated Nursing Students Report: Practice Questions are Fundamental to First-Time NCLEX-RN Success. Journal of NYSNA
Blozen, B. (2010) Avoiding preceptor burnout: It’s not always easy, but a preceptor can inspire new nurses without experiencing burnout. The American Nurse Today, 5(11).
Blozen, B. (2012) Keys please. The American Nurse Today. 7 (12).
Blozen, B. (2013) Prescription opioids: A growing epidemic of abuse . The American Nurse Today. (8) 11.
- 1987 – present Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society for Nursing
- 2001 Nursing Excellence Award in Education
- 2003 Magnet Designation-Community Medical Center
- 2011 Nursing Spectrum Awards Nominee selected as Finalist
- 2013 Nurse.com GEM Award Regional Winner Education and Mentorship Category
- 2013 Nurse.com GEM Award National Finalist Education and Mentorship Category
- 2013 Nurse.com GEM Award Regional Finalist Education and Mentorship Category
Blozen B., Marmion R., (2013) From Another Angle: The Reviewers’ Advice Podium - Presentation 2013 New Jersey Continuing Education Summit Atlantic City NJ
Blozen B. (2012 September) Accelerated Nursing Students: Perceptions of Success – Presentation XIII Pan American Nursing Research Colloquium. Global Nursing Challenges for the Millennium. Miami, Florida
Blozen B. (2011 April) Accelerated Nursing Students: Perceptions of Success. Podium – Presentation Reinkemeyer Research Day at Seton Hall University
Blozen B. (2010 April) Accelerated Nursing Students and NCLEX-RN Success – Presentation Seton Hall University Petersheim Exposition sponsored by Seton Hall University
Blozen B. (April 2010) Accelerated Nursing Students and NCLEX-RN Success Poster – Presentation Reinkemeyer Research Day sponsored by Seton Hall University
Blozen B. (October 2010) Accelerated Nursing Students: Perceptions of Success. – Presentation Professional Nurse Educators Group (PNEG) 37th Annual National Conference, Gateway to Innovation and Creativity in Nursing Education, sponsored by Villanova University College of Nursing
Blozen B. (Feb 2007 & June 2005) Advanced Preceptor Strategies Professional Presentation at Cooper Medical Center, Camden, NJ
Blozen B. (2013 July) Connecting Clinical to the Classroom: Creating an Electronic Student Constructed Study Guide Podium Presentation at the 24th International Nursing Research Congress, Bridge the Gap Between Research and Practice through Collaboration. Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), Prague, Czech Republic.
Blozen B. (2012 August) Accelerated Nursing Students: Perceptions of Success. Podium Presentation at the 23rd International Nursing Research Congress, Creating a Legacy Through Nursing Research, Innovation and Global Collaboration. Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), Brisbane, Australia.
- 1992 2002 Psychiatric & Mental Health Nursing Nursing Administration American Nurses Credentialing Center
- 1999 present Nursing Professional Development American Nurses Credentialing Center
- 2009 to present Clinical Nurse Leader American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- New Jersey- Registered Nurse
Mentorship of Nursing Students
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Health Assessment
- Leadership:Nurs Leader/Manager
- Psych & Community Hlth Nursing
- RN Health Assessment
- Senior Thesis-Part I
- Senior Thesis-Part II